Thursday 4 July 2013

My favourite dance quotes

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.” 
                                                                                     - William W.Purkey

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.” 
                                                                                                  
                                                                                     - Voltaire  

“We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.” 
             
                                                                                     - Friedrich Nietzsche

“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.” 

                                                                                    - Rumi

“Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are great because of their passion.” 

“People have asked me why I chose to be a dancer. I did not choose. I was chosen to be a dancer, and with that, you live all your life. ” 

“Dance is the hidden language of the soul” 


                                                                                   - Martha Graham

“I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to to dance better than myself.” 
           
                                                                                   - Mikhail Baryshnikov

When I dance, I cannot judge, I cannot hate, I cannot separate myself from life. I can only be joyful and whole, that is why I dance. 

                                                                                   - Hans Bos

If I can not dance, I shall die!
                                                              - Anna Pavlova

To watch us dance is to hear our hearts speak.

                                                                                   - Indian saying

Dance every performance as if it were your last. 
                                                                                   
                                                                                  - Eric Bruhn

The dance is the mother of the arts. Music and poetry exist in time; painting and architecture in space. But the dance lives at once in time and space. 

                                                                                   - Curt Sachs












0 comments:

Post a Comment